Thursday 19 January 2012

Ski Club

Yesterday was the first day of Ski Club at Colonel By. For the first trip the club including myself went to Edelweiss. The weather was cold and there was a lot of freezing rain the day before so many people thought the conditions were not going to be favourable. Although, when everyone stated skiing and snowboarding they found out that it was a bit cold but the snow conditions were fine and I personally did not see any patches of ice. The sad thing about Ski Club this year is that not as many students signed up as last year. There was actually such a significantly lower number that a whole bus was cut.

Ski Club is a wonderful activity and it is a shame that more people did not join. However, I have talked to a lot of my peers and they said that they would have joined but they were not aware of when to do so. I also had this problem but I was lucky to sign up on the last day. I think the main problem is not loss of interest this year but that the club was not advertised effectively.

For next year, If I was a grade 11 student I would encourage students to sign up for this fun filled club. I would also make sure to have the sign up week better advertised so people are very aware and ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment